Friday 8 July 2011

Reader Submission

Today’s lion comes from Sam, whose email was very flattering, and is therefore awesome.


This lion is less awesome.

Apparently this statue is in Sri Lanka, and I know Asian lions have their own stylized aesthetic.

But really?

1. It’s got hooves. The positioning of the body reminds me of nothing so much as a carousel horse. I expect to see a small child dripping ice cream all over it.
2. Its head is exactly what I would expect to get if I genetically spliced together a frog and a duck.
3. Rather than a mane, it has aluminium siding. Which must be very uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I now have a lovely mental image of a carousel of bad lions.

Which would terrify the children, of course, but these are sacrifices we have to make for the sake of keeping me amused.

Thanks for the submission, Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment